Sunday, October 31, 2010

#6 Good Witch

Once we got beyond the annual contest to see who could bag the most candy, aka Halloween, we got way into throwing eggs at passing cars and blowing up rolls of toilet paper with cherry bombs on neighbors lawns. I do not know why we did this - I should ask my brothers and our neighbor Steve who actually initiated a lot of the most brilliant ideas (we were perfect angels before he moved to the neighborhood). There must have been a point to it all, but I'll be darned if I can remember. Though I do remember being a little confused by one neighbor who was handing out Goldwater balloons instead of candy one year.

In the meantime I've since become a good witch, which means when Halloween rolls around I am confronted with a major struggle. On the one hand I have to fight really hard against a temptation to go out and do something way cool like put a lit cherry bomb in someone's garbage can and watch the lid blow 100 feet into the air. Even thinking about it gives me goose bumps! On the other hand it's also a time of much angst because if you believe in karma as I do, I've got to believe that one of these days I'm going to walk out my front door and see a billion pieces of toilet paper scattered all over my front yard!

Good Witch, 8" x 8" watercolor • Framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment