Friday, December 31, 2010

Peace, balance and insanity

I do a personal meditation for peace every day. But once a year I wish it in the form of a painting and pass it on. I've been doing this for a very long time - it is my most profound hope that one of these years I won't need to do it anymore.

To balance out the seriousness of this exercise, I also reflect back on the stuff I've done in the past year that I wish I hadn't. Stuff like the day I decided I could start eating corn chips again with some restraint. Or the time I jumped into the passenger side of my brother's truck and scared the hell out of two young kids in the back seat who, I realized, weren't my brother's or mine. In fact, it was not my brother's truck.

This wish forward and unwish back is my attempt to embark on the new year with a sense of purpose, balance and an honest acknowledgment of my own jolly little form of insanity.

Have a good year everyone.

Peace, Balance and Insanity • 8" x8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment