Monday, June 4, 2012

Crows in the Field


Doing this blog gives me a great excuse to spend a little time cruising the info highway for "research."

Take this past weekend. I was in an indefinite rain delay and spent some time watching a couple of crows pecking around in the lower field up in Kingfield. This is not a great sign because it means we have grubs. I couldn't bring myself to think about grubs, so I focused on the crows and researched them on the internet.

There is a lot of info out there about crows, and we all know how smart they are, but I found this story touching and uplifting. I think it offsets the downpour we're having here in Maine nicely.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1112335/crow_and_kitten_are_friends/


Crows in the Field • 12" x 12" acrylic on birch panel • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment