Friday, January 11, 2013

Island Shack

 

According to various on-line, TV and radio sources, I have the Rhinovirus. Maybe I'll do a painting of a rhinoceros to celebrate at some point.

Rhnovirus is a common cold for those of you who, like me, kind of knew that but weren't entirely sure. I really wish I had known this word when I was a kid. It would have been way cooler to say I had the Rhinovirus than it was to say I had a cold. Having a cold was like having a hangnail - a simple and common pain in the neck. Whereas having the Rhinovirus would have been monumental and elicited a great deal of sympathy because no one my age would have known what it meant but would have been too embarrassed to ask, assuming the worst. BTW - it suddenly occurs to me that the word embarrassed phonetically implies bare assed. Do you suppose there's a connection?

Anyway - I was thinking about fishing shacks and islands, maybe to re-direct my attitude about being stuck under the weather.

Island Shack • 8" x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12"• $200

No comments:

Post a Comment