Monday, June 2, 2014

#166 Cat Nap

Between working on the boat, clearing out and planting the gardens, regular work work, and the recent spate of sun and 80 degree weather, I've had a hankering to take a cat nap come 3PM or so. Of course this is entirely out of the question, though my MD who is light years younger than I, says he takes one whenever he can. He has a sofa right in his office - I've seen it.

I suppose the day will come when I'm told it's time to take a nap, like it or not. I've heard this happens when we get old and start to revert back to our infancy. Our children become our parents. But until that day arrives - when hell freezes over, I've decided to try napping vicariously through this old fella I saw out on Monhegan one year, just to see if it's something I could ever envision myself doing.

Cat Nap • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment