Wednesday, September 10, 2014

SOLD - Morning Gam Off Camp Island



More often than not, I wake up mornings feeling grateful - grateful for my family and friends, and all of our health. But honestly, I'm particularly grateful that I still wake up, and that I can still swing one foot in front of the other to the bathroom in time.

This particular morning, anchored off Camp Island, we caught Parker rowing his wife Laurie and their goldie back from a canine pit stop on the other side of an island adjacent to Camp. If there is a quintessential Maine cruising scene, this is it. 

Tom had spotted Parker when he sailed in and anchored a few hundred feet from us the night before. He and Parker had raced with and against each other in their maritime past. We ended up having a gam then, and another one this fine morning before they headed off on their annual cruise down east.

It's been said we eventually learn to be grateful for simple things. This morning, I was grateful for the usual, and that I could use the word gam in real life - it's such a great word.

Morning Gam Off Camp Island • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $200






No comments:

Post a Comment