Tuesday, May 19, 2015

SOLD - City Flowers


I don't know if I like flowers. Maybe I'm annoyed that they are always so happy-looking. It doesn't matter what you say, do or throw at them - they're  always so happy-looking.

It's also annoying that they somehow keep cropping up in my work, as flowers are known to do randomly out there. I'm continually being pestered - do you like me yet, they ask, I don't know, maybe, I reply.

I decided to paint tulips this time because everywhere I walk these days, tulips are front and center. There's no getting around them. I understood this to be a hint of sorts, so onto the canvas they went.

I also have to admit that urban gardens are a lot of fun to find.  City dwellers do some crazy stuff. Those with limited budgets in ghetto apartments like mine will do the most ingenious things to make their places look better. Of course it is a bit like putting perfume on a pig, but effort counts for something, and I have to admit, I always forget where I saw them.

City Flowers • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment