Friday, June 10, 2016

#258 A World Filled With Promise


I used to paint from beautiful memories. It was a wonderful time, filled with hope, love and gratitude. I had an ability to put destructive thoughts aside and paint the life and future I wanted. It was therapy, and a way to contribute to a world that could sometimes feel overwhelmingly scary.

Today I am totally in the present with someone who will be leaving this world. She reminds me that this life is never to be taken for granted - that it would be an act of arrogance to do so. She also reminds me not to hold back on love, that there will always be more than enough love to go around for everyone and every thing in this world because love is a never ending. And finally, she reminds me that giving others a glimpse of what is good and beautiful in this world, in whatever form, is the most courageous thing we as humans do, and the best job you could ever have.

This painting is for all of you too, who have forgotten how to do it - to imagine a life and then create a world that is beautiful, and filled with promise.

A World Filled With Promise • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment