Tuesday, January 28, 2020

#370 • Gus' Rocking Chair


Click here to purchase this painting #370

It's a beautiful end-of-the-day summer afternoon. I slowly climb back up the hill to the house after a long day in the garden, looking for some cool shade and the solace and comfort of my favorite rocking chair on the front porch.

As I round the corner, I stop short. Rats! There's a cat spread out in my rocking chair! It's our neighbor, Gus. He beat me to it again. I have a love/hate relationship with Gus. He poops in my flower beds, but is one hell of a mouser.

Bug off Gus, I say, stepping up to confront him!

I got here first, he replies, yawning and looking up briefly from that nice thick cushion with his big emotionless but gorgeous yellow eyes.

C'mon Gus, I'm tired. I just want to sit in my rocking chair for a bit - get a load off, you know?

He slowly puts his head down on his paws, closes his eyes and purrs softly in to his nap, claws locked in place. It's been a tough day, he sighs.

Damn! How does this happen, I ask shaking my head as I ease this tired old body down on a hard porch step.

It's winter now and Gus' rocking chair was put away in the shed last fall. I don't have to deal with the insufferable little beast until spring. But I gotta say, I think I actually miss loosing out to the old rascal.

Gus' Rocking Chair • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $250




No comments:

Post a Comment