Friday, June 5, 2020

#386 • The Work To Be Done

  Click here to purchase this painting #386

I was working on this before the latest civil unrest. I wanted to depict a neighborhood before Covid-19 - a bunch of kids doing their own thing together in a safe space. It was simply a privileged white girl's selfish idea of getting back to the garden.

There's way more to it now. It's a quest for me to see if community can exist like a beautiful colorful quilt -  patches of all kinds of cloth held together by little uneven stitching done by many hands. It's also a quest to try to understand others, and until I get it, to practice civility in the meantime.

No lecture here - I have my own dance with tolerance and civility going on.  But if there's one thing I've learned this past week, it's that the most important work to be done is in our own hearts, minds and communities before we can even think about sharing it.

The Work To Be Done • 8" X 8" watercolor framed to 12" X 12" • $250 

To see more of my work, please visit my website http://www.claudiadiller.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment