Tuesday, October 20, 2020

#402 • I Think I Missed Fall

 

Click here to purchase this painting #402
http://www.claudiadiller.com/blog.htm

Now that I'm in Kingfield a lot more these days, I'm easily distracted by chores around the house. It's the gardening that gets me. It's addictive. I go down to check on the lettuce and three hours later I've got a couple of buckets full of weeds - and no lettuce. As an artist it's a problem. It's the same as the seven minute butt break I used to take in years past - gardening is an excuse to take a break from thinking. I now know why artists have city studios, if they can afford them.

Needless to say, the garden chores are done and I look up to see fall waning. How did I miss fall? It's like working at a ski resort and stopping for a minute on a beautiful spring day and wondering how I missed the entire ski season?

So, here's a late rendition of fall as I remember from years past.

I think I Missed Fall • 8" x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment