Tuesday, March 22, 2022

#439 • Whispers From Beneath the Snow



Click here to purchase this painting #439

I took a trip to the coast to visit a friend this past weekend, and she has flowers - snow drops and crocus and lots of green shoots. They're always ahead of us down there until the sea breeze kicks in later this spring. Then we inlanders jump ahead. 

I've lost count, but last week may have been the third fake spring. So as not to give up hope - it tends to wane this time of year, here's a sketch of some spring flowers gifted to me on my birthday years ago from a friend's garden. They remind me that somewhere beneath the remaining piles of snow there are little shoots patiently waiting to break through. I think I hear them whispering, we're coming, we're coming! Though that could be a fake-out too!

Whispers From Beneath the Snow • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $275


No comments:

Post a Comment