Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cleansing Winter Whitewash

February comes from the Latin word februa which means cleansing or purification. This resonates with me - I love to take long hot showers and find the emotionally purifying quality of good chocolate a daily must.

I generally try to remove myself from the chill of February's deep winter weather with thoughts and images of the coming (an acknowledged long way off) summer.  I decided to celebrate this first day of the month by cleansing myself of all such thoughts and delving into the present with a purifying winter wash of white. It wasn't easy - my fingers are still numb. 

Cleansing Winter Whitewash • 8" x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $200

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of a time of cleansing and purification separate from those of traditional faith paths.....and I agree, good chocolate enhances ordinary and special moments.

    Love your work and your thoughts. Thanks for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete