Monday, February 27, 2012

Thinking on a Winter Day



When the going gets weird, I have learned to disengage myself for a bit and explore the inner recesses of my mind. It's called thinking - remember that? It would appear that thinking has become old fashioned these days because I really don't see a whole lot of thinking going on out there.  I mean how many people do you know quote this and that but when you ask them what they think, still quote this and that or preface their reply with "we think." It's pretty scary.  I do hope they still teach thinking in school these days. Do they?

I spent pretty much the whole day Saturday thinking. It was that kind of a day. I feel very fortunate to have had the practice because I too forget that my mind can create, question, solve and ponder endless possibility. I don't remember getting anything settled or resolved, but I sure had fun. It tickled and maybe my brain expanded just a wee bit.

I guess I feel like it's important to keep up, to the best of my ability, with our ever expanding universe.

Thinking on a Winter Day • 8"x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment