Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Wish For a Peaceful Night


It would appear that Maine's tango with this Category 1 Sandy was less dramatic than it was for millions south of us. The sun was out earlier, and the winds have subsided a lot. We didn't loose electricity up here on the Hill, but our building sure swayed and shook for a while last night. I've been in our little, open, not self-bailing sailboat with winds gusting to 20-25. It's damn scary. On land 25-30 mph sustained, as it was yesterday, is not as bad unless you're dodging flying tree debris, which I was getting home last night. But, the thought of a 60mph sustained wind, or worse a 150 is beyond my comprehension.

The sensation I thought to be the weirdest was in the shower. I kept feeling like my body was, well actually, doing a tango, while my brain knew we weren't. Very strange. The toilet bowl water sloshed a bit too. That was more interesting - sort of like watching a micro ocean.

I hope all of those who have been effected by Sandy will get back to normal asap. This painting is a wish out to them for a much needed peaceful night.

A Wish For a Peaceful Night • 8" x 8" framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment