Monday, October 15, 2012

The Infinity that is The Mountains

I won't ever stop making my way up to Maine's western mountains during the foliage show. Like that seven minute butt break excuse to sit and do nothing, I go as an excuse to be in awe for a while.

It also reminds me of how I could have lived away from the coast for so long. When I look up at those mountains I see infinity just the way I did when I looked out over the ocean as a kid. There's something about the concept of infinity that comforts me. Maybe it's because I know that as long as I can see infinity, I can see a way to blast off whenever I want to. It's also the mystical aspect - that there are still things out there we just can't grasp.

These days I am practicing how to feel infinity. I can feel it if I sit still, close my eyes and go into the universe that is my body. Some sources say there are over 50 trillion cells in my body. Others think there is closer to 100 trillion. In either case - it's infinity as far as I'm concerned. I practice this just in case I'm in a situation where I can't see it out there.

The Infinity That Is The Mountains  • 8" x 8" framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment