Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall in the Mountains

I first noticed this view a few years back. It's right off Route 27 heading north before you get in to Kingfield. I've taken a few liberties, but it will be recognizable to those who know it. Fall is just getting underway at this point.

I take the same route to Kingfield every weekend - have been for a very long time. There are a few exceptions, like the day I decided to try a rural route through Lisbon Falls - but that's another story and another painting.

To pass the time, I sing like Janis Joplin, play the License Plate Alphabet game, and put the car on cruise control to see how long I can go before touching the pedal. I also think about projects I'm doing, ponder life and look for new colors in the landscape like this one.

Fall in the Mountains • 8" x 8" gouache framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment