Monday, October 21, 2013

Wolfs Neck


I got really lost out around Wolfs Neck this past summer.  It's interesting to come to a crossroad and decide to go straight, right or left with nothing but the sun and your gut instinct for a guide.  And we're supposed to do this all the time - trust our gut instinct?  There were a few signs I followed to Wolf's Neck Farm, but after that I had absolutely no idea where I was.  I assume I was navigating the neck, hence the name of this painting.

I decided to head south, toward the sun, on what turned out to be a very curvy road.  I did pass some beautiful fields devoid of critters until I came to a hairpin turn and little bridge.  As I crossed the bridge, I glanced to the left at the bay, and then to the right where this pretty little marshy area caught my eye.  I parked, got out to stretch my legs, snapped a few pics and continued on my way.

Wolfs Neck • 8" x 8" gouache framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment