Monday, December 2, 2013

Joyful Foxes

I recently watched the coolest video someone posted on Facebook about a fox hunting in the snow for mice.  I have re-posted the link if you want to watch it. What I loved was watching the fox jump straight into the air and plunge head first and three feet down through the surface of the snow. Such a joyful antic, especially when the fox gets a mouse which, by the way, you can hear squeaking to death in the film.

http://www.edisproduction.de/2013/11/19/fox-hunting-under-snow-in-an-incredible-way/

That's the way I feel during the holidays. Joyful - like I want to jump straight up in the air and belly flop into a pile of soft fluffy snow that is my family and friends. I feel like I am going over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house all the time for two whole months. Wait - I am the grandmother's house. When did that happen?

Joyful Foxes • 8" x 8" watercolor and gouache framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment