Monday, December 9, 2013

The Summer Idea


We humans are fortunate. Most of us can alter our state of mind by altering our thoughts. When winter kicks out a day like today, I go to a summer scene in my memory bank. Because I do what I do, I can throw it out on paper and hang it on my wall too in case I forget.

Lenny Brown comes to mind as I write this.  He used to wear his penny loafers at Sugarloaf all winter - with no socks. He did a lot of slipping and sliding over ice and snow, but never fell or complained about cold feet. I don't know why he did this, but my suspicion is that he simply ignored the cold and envisioned a beautiful hot summer day. He seemed like that kind of guy, or I would like to think of him that anyway.

The Summer Idea • 8" x 8" gouache framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment