Monday, August 29, 2016

#268 The Burnt Coat Harbor Light

Once in a while I'll spot a lighthouse along the coast that gets to me. This one sits at the very tip of Hockamock Head, the entrance to Burnt Coat Harbor on Swan's Island. It's been there for almost 150 years. I love the shape, so I thought I'd do a quick sketch!

We've been trying to get off the boat more and hike on island trails to keep our bodies from seizing up after a day of sailing. Our heads are  cocked in one direction for miles, and our butts are sore from grinding on the deck. I'm not complaining here, it's just that we're beginning to acknowledge a certain amount of stress induced rust in our joints.

This hike took us a half hour through woods that encompasses Hockamock Head. The island initiated a restoration project in the early 2000s. We enjoyed their hard work immensely.

The Burnt Coat Harbor Light • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment