Tuesday, November 15, 2016

#280 Frozen in the Supermoon



A lot of us have felt like deer frozen in headlights this past week, accompanied by a real physical, emotional and spiritual pain. My heart, head and shoulders were down around my knees, just plain aching for the people and the planet that will suffer the most.

It was the Supermoon that finally recharged this sorry soul. I got to thinking about how deer must feel with this thing hanging over their heads, especially during hunting season up here in Maine. They've witnessed the results of getting caught in headlights before.

Frozen in this big, inescapable and blinding light hovering above them, did they think it was THE Almighty Headlight come at last to harvest all of their souls, or maybe a Headlight Apocolypse, when all deer are suddenly, puff, gone? It freaked me out! I slammed sunglasses on my nose, rolled up my sleeves, put on my brain protector, and got to work.

Frozen in the Supermoon • 8" X 8" framed to 12" X 12" • $250


No comments:

Post a Comment