Monday, November 21, 2016

SOLD - Thanksgiving 2016


Thanksgiving - it's that time of year when families are brought together to break bread and hopefully this year, not each others necks. I'm lucky - I'll be in NYC with a bunch of good Libs. The conversation about the election outcome will be short. Everyone will have already talked out their shock with their own therapists, or on the newest free therapy program, Facebook.

This year, as I do every year, I will turn my thoughts to everything that has nothing to be grateful for. I'm not talking about people who think they have nothing to be grateful for, though they could probably be enlightened, or those who never learned how to be grateful, for whom I do feel compassion. My thoughts will rest on the planet, domestic turkeys, and all of those folks who actually don't have anything to be grateful for.

The times may require a little more attention. Other than not eating turkey, I'm not sure what my course of action will be other than what it has always been - to wake up grateful for waking up to a good life, and to confront injustice and abuse on all levels for all living things on the planet, including, sigh, sharks and grizzly bears.

In the meantime, I will probably give trump tower the finger, God forgive me, as I pass it by on my way to the Statue of Liberty where I intend to thank her, and all of those who have passed and continue to pass beneath her, for making America, growing pains and all, great.

Thanksgiving 2016 • 8" X 8" framed to 12" X 12" • $250




No comments:

Post a Comment