Tuesday, May 17, 2016

SOLD - Finally Getting Her Due


I'm being stalked by a pair of cardinals. They follow me around my Portland neighborhood, egging me along my exercise route. I think I'm bird watching, but don't want to admit it. In any case, I figured I'd sketch them.

Both the male and female are really visible right now because the trees are still bare. I was going to sketch the male, the almighty the colorful one, but have already done him. So I decided to explore the female. As it turns out, and much to my surprise, the female is a way more interesting study than the male. Who knew?

So here she is, finally getting her due. Wait! Why does this sound familiar? Oh I know - I believe it's one of many themes in our current presidential race.

Finally Getting Her Due • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200


No comments:

Post a Comment