Monday, May 2, 2016

#252 The Necessity of Forging Good Memories



I was speaking by phone with a friend up in the western mountains. It's snowing at Sugarloaf. I find this depressing having just planted my lettuce seeds and onion sets.

Today is a lesson in the importance of forging good memories. This painting is one of those good memories of a spring past. I keep them planted in my mental garden. It depicts a May when, groggy with spring fever, the sun and I appeared a bit hazy on the rise.

It only takes the memory of one good spring to keep us in motion on a day like today. It enables us to get out of bed in the morning, to put one foot in front of the other, and serves as a reminder that our days need to be dictated by how we feel on the inside, not what is going on out there.

The Necessity of Forging Good Memories • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment