Thursday, January 6, 2011

My new friend

Meet my new friend. He was a Christmas gift to me from my good friend Ellen and is my first new friend in 2011. He also represents a gifting departure for Ellen as she normally gives a family in Chile a cow in my name. And though I have always appreciated the gesture, I fear she has also requested the cow be named after me. She's a good soul but enjoys a twisted sense of humor.

I can't quite figure out what's going on with this one yet. He must weigh 50 pounds. I don't know where he came from, what to name him - though Bernie has a nice ring to it - or where he will perch. I have not talked to Ellen about him yet because he was given to me cloaked way back before Thanksgiving - when she heads south for her annual time in the sun. In all likelihood there's a good story behind this, but it will have to wait until she returns.

In the meantime, he and the gaggle of live ones outside my window every morning will continue to both delight and torment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment