Monday, June 13, 2011

Greening Up

It really is greening up in Kingfield where I was this past weekend finishing up "the planting of the garden."  Because we haven't had much sun up there, there isn't a whole lot of color except the hydrangeas and azaleas. They are spectacular and an oasis of color in an otherwise very Kermit-like landscape.

We saw a fox loping down through the fields. He or she was big and brown and looking good and healthy. I found tracks following the river further than I cared to go. I mentioned the sighting to our friend Will who said he had a couple of kits running around his house at sundown every night. I had a hankering to see some myself and went searching around for a video on the internet. I found a great site called Maine Nature Diary. This video has some cute kits - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://mainenaturediary.com/post/4686510319

Greening Up • 8"x 8" watercolor framed to 12"x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment