Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#160 An Island Place


It's Earth Day. I didn't have an opportunity to do a special painting this year, so I'm posting a sketch I did last summer. It's an island place we passed one afternoon while on our little sailboat "Claudia." When I see scenes like this, I document them - they will probably disappear into the water like so many islands and their peoples around the world are now.

I've gotten over the anger and frustration around the lack of control over those who don't understand the value of places like this, not to mention the fact that they represent real people, their homes and their livelihoods. I simply feel sad for them because in the end, all of us will suffer equally - it won't matter how much power and money you have. The playing field will have finally been leveled.

An Island Place • 8" x 8" gouache framed to 12" x 12"• $200

No comments:

Post a Comment