Thursday, December 11, 2014

SOLD - The Holiday Dala Horse


We artists are lucky. If we want to get into the holiday spirit, we paint it. I love dala* horses - they remind me of the more cheerful aspects of the winter holidays. I have one I keep out year round.

I also go shopping - I've been programmed to. The decorations can be pretty interesting, from an artistic point of view, and okay, maybe I get a little cynical now and then. But what I really like is that the sales people have to be nice to me. Normally they take one look at me a run the other way.

*For those of you who do not know what the dala horses are, here's a great link:

 http://legomenon.com/swedish-red-carved-wooden-dalecarlian-dala-horse-meaning.html

The Holiday Dala Horse • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment