Monday, February 16, 2015

SOLD - Lovely Afternoon Breeze



This is a sketch of an overnight in Pulpit Harbor last summer. We had anchored and were out on a dinghy excursion. There was a couple sailing the inner harbor - the soft little breeze was delightful that afternoon. I was hoping this memory would warm me up, and you too, and maybe remind me that all wind in Maine does not sting, nor is it a ruthless son-of-a-bitch.

But as I was painting away, our building, which sits on top of Munjoy Hill here in windswept Portland, was swaying back and forth with and against a wind that blows a straight shot all the way from Mt. Washington. This morning, the Mt. Washington Observatory recorded a gust at 141 mph. I missed that one, but am sure there have been more gauging by the sploshing of water in my glass atop my desk.

Lovely Afternoon Breeze • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment