Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#209 Forsythia


It was foggy this morning. My brain was foggy too from lack of sleep. I've been switching my entire computer system over to a much needed update. It's been a tussle computer chatting with software companies, downloading enormous programs, and trying to figure out how to use the whole blessed thing.

I was going to do a fog painting, but after lunch with a friend, the sun came out on my way home. I passed a row of forsythia along the roadside. I would never attempt to paint forsythia - it's too hard. I don't even think I can spell the word. But I decided to knock off a sketch anyway, just to remind myself of how bright and sunny a Maine spring can be, and how bright and sunny my brain will be again when I get some sleep.

This is a painting of hope.

Forsythia • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment