Monday, August 1, 2016

SOLD - Afternoon on Monhegan Island


A few years back I was on Monhegan Island for a week. While my cohorts painted their butts off, I cavorted around the village, an outsider but feeling right at home in the local cafe every afternoon after bashing my head against the rocks out there trying to paint the unpaintable.

It was during that week I realized I probably should have been a psychologist because I had way more fun watching and listening to everyone's story than I did painting the land and seascapes.

I'll go back to paint one of these days for sure. It is a beautiful island, and the ocean and the light is amazing, not to mention the people I encountered. In the meantime, this was something I saw on one of my afternoon walks. It's on the cover of my new 2017 Peaceful Places wall and desk calendar.

Afternoon on Monhegan Island • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment