Monday, January 1, 2018

SOLD - Perpetual Ping Pong



Based on my own experience, all decisions are issued by either heart or mind, feelings or logic. Life is a perpetual game of ping pong between the two. So when the first day of the New Year arrives, I put my paddle down on the table and take a break.

I stopped being an anti-person years ago, adopting a pro-person for mental and physical health. It's working. I feel much better now, but still suffer from the ping pong thing when forced to address real issues in the world. For although I try to keep war out of my mind and vocabulary, I am a Star Wars fan, and therefore understand the dilemma of war.

To counter differences in a civilized way is tricky when trying to reason with people who reject the notion of community and always selfishly want more for themselves, not to mention two-year-old world leaders with their thumbs on nuclear weapons.

I like what Rose said in The Last Jedi. "We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!" I'm going to have to keep a paddle in my hand, but when I power the ball back across the table, it's going to have different spin on it.

Perpetual Pin Pong • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $250

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love your short insightful blog posts just as much as I enjoy your paintings!

    ReplyDelete