Tuesday, July 23, 2019

#352 • A Meditation Manifesto

Click here to purchase this painting #352

This is a memory from long long ago in a galaxy far far away, when we children had no idea what was really going on out there in the world. I was lucky. This was not, and is not a scene a lot of children will ever know in their lifetime. All the more important therefore, to suggest it to them as a possibility now.

Constant bombardment of information forces me to be involved. It is a part of my life. There is too much at stake to ditch my brain.  A side must be taken, even if it means bucking the powers that be, choosing peace over war, or love rather than hate. Intellectual liberty is what makes a democracy a democracy.

To be able to balance on the bongo board, I occasionally stop all activity, close both eyes, and conjure up a prompt that will, like a quiet harbor, release all surrounding chaos to a quiet mind.

And then I share my meditation with the world to balance out the karma I create with the other stuff I post.

A Meditation Manifesto • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment