Thursday, October 3, 2019

#360 • The Biggest Full Moon I'd Ever Seen

 Click here to purchase this painting #360 

The week before we hauled the boat is when I saw the biggest full moon I've ever seen.

We had dinner in Rockland and then watched Maiden. I had seen it. Tom had not. The guy behind us was on his fifth go around. The Strand is a great little theater.  But Maiden was even better. It was a great night. Fun dinner, beautiful theater, great movie. A trifecta.

On our way back out to the boat in the dark, I was in the bow of the dinghy scanning for navigational markers and lobster buoys with my penlight. We would have been thrown in the clinker had we been caught by marine patrol. Actually we could have been run over by a cruise ship. But we weren't.

Tom spotted it first - over my shoulder. It was so big I couldn't see it at first. And then I did. A monster was cresting over Vinalhaven. That's the biggest f...... moon I've ever seen, I exhaled. And it was. We watched it float up and into the cloud bank, and that was the end of the show.

And finally, who had the most cribbage wins for the 2019 summer sailing season? It wasn't Tom!

The Biggest Full Moon I'd Ever Seen • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment