Sunday, October 29, 2023

#470 • Where's Love?

Click here to purchase this painting #470

This past week has been a tough one for us here in Maine as it has been for other communities, families and friends who have suffered great loss. There's no short cutting the healing, no remedy for the pain. But there is still Love - it never goes away and there's always enough.

I had the good fortune to spend a week at an ashram one year many years ago with my brother who is a follower. It wasn't a fun vacation. It was tough. Unbeknownst to me, you go there to do your work, to flush out demons and come to understanding. A lot happened to me there - it was a profound experience on many levels and one I will never forget. But tonight I remembered probably the biggest lesson I learned and have held in my heart all of these years. When things get tough I ask "Where's Love?" And I eventually feel it. And then see it because it's always here, around all of us. That to me is magical, like a star lit full moon fall night sky in Maine.

Where's Love? • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $275


No comments:

Post a Comment