Saturday, October 19, 2024

#489 • Hunters Full Super Moon

Click here to purchase this painting #489
http://www.claudiadiller.com/blog.htm
 
 
I haven't been reading the NYTs. Gave that up for sanity reasons. I also have not been listening to the major network morning news much either. As a result I have been revisiting the lost art of self discovery - like looking out my window the other night and being jaw dropping surprised by how big the full moon was. Sure enough, my alternative sources of info tell me it's the Hunters Moon but also the third super moon of the year.
 
For those who don't know, the Hunters Moon always follows the Harvest Moon and signaled the start of the hunting season for early civilizations. It reminded them, not that they needed it, that it was time to prepare for winter, though the weather up here the past few days has been a very tricky summer-like.

For me, it's time to get the garlic ready to plant.

Hunters Full Super Moon • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12"• $275


No comments:

Post a Comment