Friday, October 22, 2010

Crows

I've been renting this apartment on Munjoy Hill for over ten years. Just about every morning I am awakened by crows right outside my window. I used to think it was a sign of some sort, but found out from a fellow crow-lover, that there is a woman who feeds them the next street over. This particular morning however, it occurs to me that the crows I hear every morning might be the same ones that woke me up my first morning here. But do they live that long? As it turns out, the oldest crow on record was 29 and a half years old - Onario, Canada. The second oldest was 14 years, seven months. So it is possible and quite frankly, I really don't know what to think about that!

Caught in the act on my neighbor's chimney.

2 comments:

  1. I used to think the crows were noisy and a nuisance until I met them in your work. Now I watch them with appreciation and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had feelings about them one way or another until I moved to Portland and they woke me up every morning. I have no choice but to like them or my life would be hell!

    ReplyDelete