Friday, December 24, 2010

Decked Out

I think one of the best things about the holiday season is the way everybody and everything gets decked out - the t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and socks, the giant inflatables, red car radiator noses and matching antlers. They all inspire a smile that winds up the side of my cheeks and around my ears.

But I think the most endearing show of decked out are those little doggies you see everywhere,  festooned in their holiday paraphernalia tumbling like ornaments of infectious joy along country lanes and city streets. I think they, more than anything else I see, remind me of what really counts in this world - genuine gratitude for a decent meal, a warm safe place to sleep, the feeling of being of use, and the blessing of friends and family to love unconditionally for the rest of your life.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Decked Out • 8" x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment