Monday, July 29, 2013

Saltwater Farm Dream


I saw this farmhouse on Green Island as we sailed through the thoroughfare. It is just what I'd been looking for all of my life.  I imagined a big vegetable garden out back with a few chickens, maybe a goat and a billion wild flowers in the surrounding fields.  Kids and grandkids, and a couple of yellow lab hybrids (from the shelter), romping through it all. A pretty little sailboat out front, and the pic is complete.

And then I thought about the exterior paint - was it stain or paint?  If it was stain - no problem.  If it's paint, it was a nightmare. And then I thought, silly me, if I could afford that sucker in the first place, I could certainly pay someone to paint it for me.  The dream was re-realized.

Saltwater Farm Dream • 8" x 8" watercolor framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment