Monday, December 30, 2013

The Cats of Munjoy Hill • The Stare


I spotted this cat on the stoop of a house walking toward the East End School one day. The stare was arresting - I was caught off guard.  It was a major stare-down and I was feeling really nervous all of a sudden, like maybe I had a glob of jam on my chin. I love cats, but I still don't trust my instincts with them.  A soft, fluffy and quite beautiful looking creature during the day can be ferocious, and more often than not, a yeowling hellcat at night. I hear them all of the time when I read into the wee hours.

I used to see this cat quite a bit, but then the house was sold and the cat is now gone.  I would like to think that the price the person who owned this house got was ridiculous and that the cat is in a beautiful place now. In the meantime I'm glad I got to be with her for a moment.

The Cat's of Munjoy Hill • The Stare • 8" x 8" gouache framed to 12" x 12" • $200

No comments:

Post a Comment