Tuesday, December 29, 2015

#237 Finally!

I've been confused all season long this year. Christmas day was a casual hike through the woods, and concluded with all of us sitting on the bare, dry hillside out back to soak in the sun and listen to the river roar by. It was delightful, but a bit disconcerting. So I guess I'm relieved that frigid temps and a totally unnecessary wind that is our first snow storm, has finally arrived.

Here in the city, the first snow always creates havoc. Only kids with sleds appreciate havoc. They thrive on it. I have found over the years that it's easier, and a lot safer, to watch the havoc from my window for as long as I can. In that time, I imagine how pretty it is when it snows in the mountains, and in that frame of mind, eventually make my way downstairs with shovel in hand to carve a gully out for my car and me.

Finally! • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment