Friday, December 18, 2015

SOLD - Thoughts of Red and Green



It all began with thoughts of red and green. No wonder - the two colors are everywhere during the holiday season, especially here in Maine where the landscape is red and green these days.

But strangely, my mind took a detour from wrapping paper and holiday lights to a memory of Kay's old red barn knee deep in her lush fields up in the foothills of the western mountains. It then treckked east across the state to the Monhegan Island lighthouse that stands guard over the island in Muscongus Bay.  I couldn't choose between the two, these two ways of life, on opposite ends of the state, so I sketched both and discovered how similar they are.

I guess this is my red and green Maine holiday scene for the week. A bit different, but that's the way I see it.

Thoughts of Red and Green • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250/each

No comments:

Post a Comment