Thursday, November 10, 2016

#279 A Place To Put My Mind



I'm not afraid of the future - it doesn't exist. I'm not afraid of death, just a painful exit - like being halved by a Great White or mauled by a grisly bear. And though these are legitimate and primal fears, they are also fears I can remove from my life, to some extent. I simply don't go where there are sharks and grislies if I can help it.

Rape scares me too. It's a constant primal fear for me, and for most women I think. There's no getting away from the possibility of rape - rapists are everywhere and come in every shape and size imaginable. This fear of rape is the only way I can relate to those people in our country who are scared every day of their lives because they have different skin colors, religions, are physically or mentally challenged, or have different gender preferences.

I was looking at the sky the other night searching for some peace. It was beautiful and magical, and  comforting to be in the presence of something harmless and way bigger than I.  It's a safe place to put my mind for a while until I see and understand my next step.

I hope you all have a safe and comforting place to put your minds too. I think it will enable us all to find what this country really needs right now, and what our individual rolls will be.

A Place To Put My Mind • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12" • $250

No comments:

Post a Comment