Monday, October 26, 2015

#227 Room With a View



I just finished E.M. Forster's classic Room With a View. I had never read it, or at least I don't remember ever having read it.  It was delightful and insightful, full of foibles and poils of wisdom. It's fun to jump in to non-fiction like that once in a while. Too much of it though, and I get carried away.

I found myself looking at rooms with views afterwards. Maybe I needed this exercise to realize how fortunate I am. We have views everywhere we look.  The only exception is our neighbor to the south. Their house sits fairly close and broadside to ours. But for some reason it doesn't bother me. I like the closeness of community and I do love them dearly.

This is the view from our kitchen. It really is stunning, for a field anyway, and as it appeared on an  overcast day when it had just stopped raining. All was quiet. Once in a while we'll catch a glimpse of a few deer out along the darker treeline before they make their night time prance across the field, the road, and to the salad bar that is our cedar hedge.

Room With a View • 8" X 8" acrylic framed to 12" X 12"• $200

No comments:

Post a Comment