Tuesday, November 21, 2017

#309 Thanksgiving 2017

 

For me, Thanksgiving is always a time to express gratitude. A not so small part of that gratitude is unapologetically for stuffing, one great American side that I only make and eat during this holiday.

I am grateful for a lot of other things too, of course - family, friends, a warm bed at night, health, a society that still needs my work, and food enough to keep me standing and able to put one foot in front of the other.

I'm also grateful for people who come to this country from all over the world looking for those things, and also freedoms they don't have where they're from. They are always a reminder to me that we as individuals are only as well off as the community in which we live, and if they have an alternative to stuffing, I can honestly and with gratitude declare with hand over heart, that I would be open to it.

Thanksgiving 2017 • 8" x 8" acrylic framed to 12" x 12" • $250


No comments:

Post a Comment